Best Schools Premier Destination: Kite Center Kenya
At Airborne we believe an exhilarating kiteboarding holiday is the product of a
perfect location, reliable winds and all the facilities you need to enjoy them…
All Airborne Kite Centres are located on pristine stretches of kiteboarding coastline. These locations have been carefully chosen due to the many desirable qualities these stretches of coastline have to offer, this includes not only great, consistent winds for 9 months of the year but also pristine beaches and ideal conditions all-round!
The North Easterly winds, known as The Kaskazi winds blow from December – March/April.The South Easterly Kusi winds kick in for the months of May – October.
● Great wind nearly all year round!
● Wide tropical un-crowded beaches
● Ideal cross-onshore winds
● Warm, clear waters
● Large protected smooth and shallow lagoons immediately offshore (Great for learners and those practicing their tricks).
● Offshore reef for those kiters who love riding waves.
● Kenya and Tanzania are relatively cheap travel destinations. Plenty of alternative activities are also available for non-kiting family members, partners and friends!
● Central location with easy access to all of Mombasa’s and Zanzibar’s major attractions.
● Fantastic snorkeling and SCUBA diving opportunites.
● Combine kiting and a true African safari in one holiday!
In Kenya, we are located on the world class Nyali Beach, within Mombasa Beach Hotel grounds. Over the last couple of years this beach has started to gain international recognition as a world class kite-surfing location.
In Tanzania, we have newly established in two virtually untouched ideal kitesurfing locations. Both are located on the stunning island of Unguja, Zanzibar’s main island atoll. The first is based in Paje, on the south-east coast, and the second in Kiwengwa, on the north-east coast of Zanzibar’s Unguja island.
We recommend 9m to 12m kites in the peak of our two seasons. However be aware that you may occasionally need a 7m on some days, especially during our southerlies when the winds are often storm-front driven. As the monsoons change the winds tend to be a lot lighter and thus 12m to 16m kites are recommended.
We hire and sell a full range of equipment and accessories.
Kite Centre Facilities, Activities and Events
● Fully accredited International Kiteboarding Organisation (IKO) centres
● Full kite centre amenities including compressor, pack-down area, rescue boat and swimming pool (Mombasa’s Nyali base).
● Extreme down-winders, full moon kiting, bonfire BBQ parties and other events.
● Storage for personal kiting equipment.
● Trained kite-handlers to help you set-up, pack down and launch.
● Rescue boat and team.
● Professional and experienced internationally recognised IKO instructors.
● Equipment hire and sales.
● Extreme adventure holiday packages.
● Great deals available on accommodation with your kite centre packages.
● Spacious seating area with bar serving great value snacks and drinks.
● Excellent membership deals.
● Over 10 years experience in the watersports industry.
● BEST kites international dealer.
● Closely linked to, and within walking distance from Mombasa’s largest watersports centre, and Zanzibar’s snorkeling and SCUBA diving hot zones.
● Vibrant atmosphere, don`t want to kite? Just come and hang out!
Internationally recognized IKO courses.
All level courses from Beginner to Instructor level.